New plymouth dating sites
Father Louis Hennepin was the first European explorer to visit and name Saint Anthony Falls, the tallest waterfall on the Mississippi River, in 1680.While the falls were familiar to the Ojibwe and Sioux Indians who lived in the area, Father Hennepin spread word of the falls when he returned to France in 1683.Leading example of the Twin Cities' renowned concrete arch bridges of the 1920s, whose 435-foot (133 m) main span was the world's longest of its type upon completion in 1923. Leading example, completed in 1929, of the monumental reinforced-concrete arch bridges built to span the Twin Cities' high river bluffs at the beginning of the automobile era; the master work of engineer Kristoffer Olsen Oustad. Prominent six-building apartment complex constructed 1970–74, a nationally significant example of urban renewal as the first project funded under Title VII.Also noted as a major work of Minneapolis architect Ralph Rapson. Long-serving commodity marketplace that helped make Minneapolis a major international grain trade center, with three buildings constructed 1902–28.
This list is of the properties and historic districts that are designated on the National Register of Historic Places, as well as a list of those that were formerly designated, in Hennepin County, Minnesota; there are 166 entries as of August 2016.Minneapolis incorporated as a city in 1867, and three years later it merged with the village of Saint Anthony.Eventually, flour mills overtook sawmills as a dominant industry at the falls.Minneapolis's oldest intact school, dating to 1886; representative of the 19th-century emphasis on education through its castle-like architecture and origin during a frenzy of construction by Minneapolis Public Schools.1883 Carpenter Gothic/Stick style house and outbuildings built by the manager of the Minnetonka Mills Company, the first mill west of Minneapolis and nucleus of the first town in western Hennepin County.Warehouse built 1909–1911 in sections that juxtapose traditional timber framing with newly developed reinforced concrete construction, encapsulating a major shift in early-20th-century warehouse engineering.